Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:38 PM

CD burner screwed up?

Hi! I've been here before when I needed help with a little thing and I was very pleased with the quick response time. I've come back with a slightly bigger problem. My CD burner doesn't seem to work right. I think it's DVD+R/RW/CD-R/W burner. It just came with my computer.

So today I was trying to burn a movie I made to a DVD when the program I was using didn't want to burn it. After that, I just tried burning pictures to a CD. When I clicked the "copy this item to a CD" button, it gave me this message:

"Windows encountered and error when trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do?

*picture info*

*Retry* *Skip* *Cancel*"

So, yeah. That's what happens. Do I have to, like, re-install the drivers or something? And if you need more information to figure this out, tell me what you need.

Sorry if this was in the wrong place, by the way. ;D
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:33 PM

I can read CDs and DVDs, I just can't burn any of them.
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:21 AM

No, is there a free version of Nero or Ashampoo?
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:27 AM

nero has a free trial i believe
http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-demo.php

im not sure about Ashampoo
Old March 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM

Great! Nero worked! Thanks!

... But I'm not even sure if it was Nero that made it work. I think it had something to do with the CDs I was using. XD Thanks for your help anyway!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:41 AM

Uh oh... I'm back.

Okay, the DVD I burnt with Nero worked on my computer, but not a DVD player. Same with a DVD I burnt with the movie making program (Magix Movie Edit Pro 11). Could it be a problem with the kind of DVDs I'm using or the burn speed?
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggaboo View Post
Uh oh... I'm back.

Okay, the DVD I burnt with Nero worked on my computer, but not a DVD player. Same with a DVD I burnt with the movie making program (Magix Movie Edit Pro 11). Could it be a problem with the kind of DVDs I'm using or the burn speed?
Not all DVD players are capable of reading burnt DVD's. If the DVD you burnt works on your PC then it is your DVD player and not the process you used to burn the dvd.

You could try using different DVD's to burn, I find some work on my DVD player whilst others do not.

Also, that's assuming you burnt the data in a format your DVD player is capable of reading in the first place. Look on your DVD player to see what formats it is compatable with.

Last edited by Gatecrasher; March 2nd, 2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
Not all DVD players are capable of reading burnt DVD's. If the DVD you burnt works on your PC then it is your DVD player and not the process you used to burn the dvd.

You could try using different DVD's to burn, I find some work on my DVD player whilst others do not.

Also, that's assuming you burnt the data in a format your DVD player is capable of reading in the first place. Look on your DVD player to see what formats it is compatable with.
Okay, I burnt another one, and this one works, but the video is all jerky on the computer AND the DVD player! XD Sorry, I'm kinda getting REALLY inconsistent results, here.