Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old October 9th, 2006, 12:41 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Angry Problem with iTunes software

Hi,

My dad has an ipod & has done something to the software as when he tries to open it he gets the following message

'iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes.'

Have tried to reinstall, go through whole setup but nothing happens.

Have tried to uninstall the iTunes software on computer & get the following

'ipod for windows is preparing installshield'

Then the message disappears & nothing happens or I get an access denied message.

My uncle tried to fix it yesterday & mentioned something about administrator rights but have no idea what he's talking about.

Please help as my dad thinks I'm doing this on purpose as I don't like him using my computer so he's being really petty.
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:41 PM

Well you need to make sure all of the files and applications on the disk have been deleted ( I had the same problem with my software with my creative zen micro) make sure you do to add/remove programs on there, then search for all of the files in search type in whatever the application is or the cd and delete all those and reinstall it, that is how I got my creative zen micro software to work. Hope it works for you also.
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Problem with iTunes software

Thanks for your help.

I tried to reinstall it & clicked on the installation desktop icon & got the following message

'This installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package. You must run setup.exe.'

When I run setup.exe ti tells me to go to the control panel & install

When I go to add/remove programs iTunes is listed when I click on change/remove I get a message saying preparing installshield wizard then nothing.

If I click on ipod for windows 2005-09-23 it says it is plreparing installshield wizard then says access denied.

Someone please help as I have spent hours trying to sort this out.