Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 24th, 2006, 04:17 AM

random restarts STOP: 0x00000050 (bsod)

Hi everyone, im pretty new to the Operating Systems Forum and I've been having a recent problem lately. i've been getting the BSOD screen for a few days now like 1 every 1 or 2 days. and this Started accurring ever since i updated my Windowxp to service pack2. I don't know if that's the case or not, but anything would help. i Just want to fix this issue.

But when it was restarted. it gave me the BSOD(blue screen of death)
and exactly said

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer
Page Fault in_non_Area

If this is the first time you seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacture for any Windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly instgalled hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cachin or shadowin. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable compinents, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup option and select safe mode.

Technical information
Stop: 0x00000050 (0xEFCB7E57, 0X00000001, 0XBC407E50, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system Administartor or technical support group for further assistance.

i have no clue on what to do, and if so i would appreciate any guides and instructions. THANK YOU!!
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:17 AM

OK, this error could be caused by many things, but the top two I've seen are either faulty memory(RAM) or a type of spyware/rootkit has invaded your system.

This article explains it; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=894278&sd=RMVP

I've seen Stardock's BootSkin also do this...

If you don't have these programs, download and use them to be safer

Spybot Search and Destroy-http://www.safer-networking.org/

Windows Defender-

AVG Antivirus-http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:27 AM

hey FGT, thanks for helping me =]. The article explaining about the virus i went thru. my computer didnt find any spyware/rootkit that fit that description.

i did what you said and used the spybot search and destroy program. it picked up some stuff and i hope it got rid of it. but im not sure yet.

but i have some news. i decided to open my computer for the first time out of 5 years of having my computer. and boi was it a mess. there wuz dust everywhere, on my cool fan and everything. i never knew nothing about having to clean my computer cause im not all that computer smart. but yes i used a duster and vaccum to do the job. i just ran my computer and hopefully i wont get the BSOD again or any thing.

i'll give you the update if it continues. and whats this about RAM? how do i fix that kind of issue if it is my Ram? and how would i know if its my RAM that is causing this problem.?

-MiKEO