Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 98

Notices

Windows 98 Problem solving for the Windows 98 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old November 17th, 2002, 09:34 AM

Auto Disconnect does not work

Can someone help me get my computer to disconnect from the ISP after say 15 minutes of inactivity. I have tried the usual method of setting "advanced" dialup to disconnect if idle but it still stays connected. I checked for any other programs still running that would require the Net but there is nothing. Running Ctrl-Alt-Del shows Rnaapp.exe. If this is the problem there seems to be no way to get rid of it. It will return as soon as I connect.
I am running ProxyPlus and a LAN between two computers.
Old November 17th, 2002, 01:01 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi PC - for some reason that feature does not always work. Try opening My Computer and doubleclicking on DialUp Networking. Locate your connection and rightclick on it and select Properties. Where it says "Connect Using" your modem, click on Configure. Click the Connection tab and put a check beside "Disconnect if idle for more than" and enter 15 minutes in the box then click OK then OK again. If it already checked, uncheck it and and click OK then OK again and exit My Computer. Now go back in and check it again, OK then OK. Does this help?