Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 13th, 2006, 08:17 PM

Can't re-format WinXP Pro machine HELP!

I'm trying to re-format my hard drive. I have WinXP Pro OS. I have tried rebooting to my CD and the windows disk goes through all it's paces just fine until it gets to the Microsofts *I accept* page... press F8 to accept? I have, and it does absoulutely nothing. Someone told me to boot using a Windows ME disk and fdisk. Still nothing. Please help! My computer has been getting increasingly worse day by day...programs missing, gliches in others. Trend Micro found 20 serious problems where Norton found nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance....
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:09 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
You shouldn't have to accept anything unless you are reinstalling windows...To format your drive, you want to make the computer boot to the IDE Cd drive, let it load the drivers, and when the screen comes up, press "R" to enter the recovery console...

From there, just type format C: /fs:ntfs

or do whatever else you need to do, like repartition, etc.
Old January 16th, 2006, 11:13 PM

Hah! Nasty virus...now removed...no more problems...
thanks all!