Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Phones & Tablets

Notices

Phones & Tablets Problem solving for Android, iOS, Windows Phone etc.

Topic Tools
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:59 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Is there a program to clean & organize 1,000’s of saved photos?

Over the years I have accumulated many thousands of pictures & videos. I have them saved in several platforms. I have some saved on my laptop, on an external HDD, in Google Photos, in a work Cloud & in my Verizon cloud. Many of these pics & vids have several duplicates as the same pictures or folders holding the pictures were copied & pasted in other locations. It would take me at least a year just to consolidate & separate the individual pictures let alone deal with their duplicates. Back when I was using iTunes there were 3rd party apps you could dump all your music files into & they would separate the song & there copies from one another into a list. Then you could go down the list delete the duplicates & then move the songs into tidy folder or playlists. I’m sure nearly everyone has this same picture problem & it’s gotten so out of hand we have given up even trying to sort or organize the photos & videos. So that got me thinking, I’m sure some genius out there has come up with a program/app that can use the embedded meta-data from each pic like date made, size, location stamp etc.. & organize the files into something usable.
Does anyone know of such a program or have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old January 19th, 2019, 09:27 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I cannot suggest any but if you do a search using manage media files you will find some utilities that will do what you want.
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:26 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I've used VisiPics a number of times to identify duplicate photos on a few hard drives, but I don't store anything in the cloud. It's simple to use, and has never identified any that weren't identical photos.
http://www.visipics.info/index.php?title=Main_Page
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:12 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Hey Jill, I don't know if the original poster (since he/he couldn't take the time to say thanks or anything) took a look at the software you suggested, or even if she/he installed and tried it, but I have taken a look and have now have it on my PC. I have loads of duplicate images, that really need to be cleaned out, this program should do the trick. Thanks for sharing.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:39 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Hey Lufbra
Thanks for letting me know that it at least helped you.
I'm sure you'll be able to figure out how it works. Any questions just yell.