Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Topic Tools
  #61  
Old June 29th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Buzz Buzz is offline
Cyber Tech Help Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
O/S: MacOS
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 4,005
Just wait until the homelessness problem explodes due to evictions because people can't make their rent.... it's comin....
Reply With Quote


  #62  
Old June 30th, 2020, 05:21 PM
Jintan's Avatar
Jintan Jintan is offline
Cyber Tech Help Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,147
The word going around the u.s. today is that there is no longer any way to control the spread of this disease here in the US. I read that there is testing going on for it, but myself and none of my friends and none of my family and none of their friends know anyone that's ever been tested. My older brother, who lives near me in what's considered as a hotspot for covid-19 in the state we live in, anticipated that there will have to be a 60% infected saturation rate in all States eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old June 30th, 2020, 07:19 PM
Buzz Buzz is offline
Cyber Tech Help Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
O/S: MacOS
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 4,005
So, no one answered...

Anyone wearing masks??
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old June 30th, 2020, 08:20 PM
renegade600's Avatar
renegade600 renegade600 is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
O/S: Linux
Location: Osceola, Ar
Posts: 26,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Just wait until the homelessness problem explodes due to evictions because people can't make their rent.... it's comin....
but this will be a different type of homelessness since it will be those who are in the higher income brackets living in expensive rentals will be the homeless ones. those in the lower income brackets actually made more unemployed than employed. they don't have an excuse not to pay rent - at least till the end of July.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old June 30th, 2020, 08:21 PM
Jaytee's Avatar
Jaytee Jaytee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
O/S: Linux
Location: Hamilton New Zealand
Posts: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
The word going around the u.s. today is that there is no longer any way to control the spread of this disease here in the US. I read that there is testing going on for it, but myself and none of my friends and none of my family and none of their friends know anyone that's ever been tested. My older brother, who lives near me in what's considered as a hotspot for covid-19 in the state we live in, anticipated that there will have to be a 60% infected saturation rate in all States eventually.
Sounds terrifying! Come to the South Pacific
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Ned Seagoon Ned Seagoon is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 3,246
Here in Australia the problem is almost under control. We have one state with a high local transmission rate, Victoria, where lockdown has just been reimposed. However this is just for the residents living in the 10 postcodes affected which are all suburbs of Melbourne.

Seems the problem arose due to the lack of strict procedures by some security guards employed in quarantine hotels. These places were set up by the Victorian government for returning residents from overseas. The army have now been brought in to police these places and nursing staff have been recruited from out of state to assist in overloaded hospitals. I hope they can soon get this under control. The International airport in Melbourne has been closed so as to not add to the problem.

Here in Queensland, restrictions are being relaxed with state borders to be opened from 10 July to all other states except Victoria. Those entering will need to sign a deceleration that they have not been in Victoria during the last 14 days. $4000 fine for making a false deceleration. People can attend church and that other Australian religion, football.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old July 1st, 2020, 12:50 PM
Jintan's Avatar
Jintan Jintan is offline
Cyber Tech Help Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,147
I am going to a bar at 10 this morning. I guess I'm joining the 60% Club.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old July 1st, 2020, 06:13 PM
Buzz Buzz is offline
Cyber Tech Help Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
O/S: MacOS
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 4,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
but this will be a different type of homelessness since it will be those who are in the higher income brackets living in expensive rentals will be the homeless ones. those in the lower income brackets actually made more unemployed than employed. they don't have an excuse not to pay rent - at least till the end of July.
Apparently yes for those that could take advantage of the unemployment... but it ran out. Not everyone who qualified received it from what I've read.

I just saw a story about Chicago rent relief.. $15Million of aide.. gone in 90 minutes. Leaving thousand on their own.

.. now.. why isn't my mortgage company waiving a month or to??? (Not that I need it, but I'd take advantage of it)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:26 PM
zipulrich's Avatar
zipulrich zipulrich is offline
Cyber Tech Help Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Deep South
Age: 17
Posts: 8,882
My mortgage company DID offer me a month or two (Chase). I'm an 'essential ' worker, so I didn't need to take them up on the offer.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:33 PM
renegade600's Avatar
renegade600 renegade600 is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
O/S: Linux
Location: Osceola, Ar
Posts: 26,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Apparently yes for those that could take advantage of the unemployment... but it ran out. Not everyone who qualified received it from what I've read.

I just saw a story about Chicago rent relief.. $15Million of aide.. gone in 90 minutes. Leaving thousand on their own.

.. now.. why isn't my mortgage company waiving a month or to??? (Not that I need it, but I'd take advantage of it)
who would not take advantage of the system if it is available :-)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old July 2nd, 2020, 04:56 AM
zipulrich's Avatar
zipulrich zipulrich is offline
Cyber Tech Help Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Deep South
Age: 17
Posts: 8,882
Ummm....me, I guess. And maybe a few hundred thousand more who try to stay out of the news.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old July 2nd, 2020, 07:10 AM
Ned Seagoon Ned Seagoon is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 3,246
Something I don't understand, several of you mention mortgages, do you still have one? I may be a few years older than some of you, but I haven't had a mortgage for around 40 years.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:14 PM
Ned Seagoon Ned Seagoon is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Here in Australia the problem is almost under control. We have one state with a high local transmission rate, Victoria, where lockdown has just been reimposed.
Seem that a significant problem with the virus leak from the quarantine hotels is that some of the untrained security guards were bonking some of the residents under quarantine. They then passed the virus on to family and friends as family gatherings and parties, these then passed the virus on to people at their workplaces and schools, all while asymptomatic.

The Victorian government is getting the blame for employing private untrained security guards rather than proper staff.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:49 PM
Jaytee's Avatar
Jaytee Jaytee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
O/S: Linux
Location: Hamilton New Zealand
Posts: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Seem that a significant problem with the virus leak from the quarantine hotels is that some of the untrained security guards were bonking some of the residents under quarantine. They then passed the virus on to family and friends as family gatherings and parties, these then passed the virus on to people at their workplaces and schools, all while asymptomatic.

The Victorian government is getting the blame for employing private untrained security guards rather than proper staff.
We had a similar problem (minus bonking) In order to cover his own ineptitude The minister of health threw the most popular civil servant (who has been at the coal face throughout) under the bus . Happy ending. Minister got the sack (ahem retired) Our director of health is as popular as ever and taking a well deserved holiday...........
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old July 3rd, 2020, 06:56 AM
Buzz Buzz is offline
Cyber Tech Help Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
O/S: MacOS
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 4,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Something I don't understand, several of you mention mortgages, do you still have one? I may be a few years older than some of you, but I haven't had a mortgage for around 40 years.
I didn't buy until well into my 40s.
I've been single all my life so it was never really a factor until I got older.
So yes, several years left on the mortgage.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Topic Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:01 AM.