Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 1st, 2015, 03:25 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Sorry not much time on computer due to minor surgery last Wednesday.

Your first screen post showing Disk Management obviously 3 of the partitions were made by Windows 10 preview install;

No drive letter assigned:

650MB (Healthy Recovery)
260MB (System)
494MB (Healthy Recovery)

Then your main drive C:
Then another Recovery partition D: (Which has the original files on it from the factory-OEM)

Now under Optimize Drives it is showing:
C: drive
D: drive (recovery)

The Winre should be hidden partition
The last one no idea what that is

I would first look to see what files are on your partitions, the ones;

3 that have no drive letters and the one recovery that has no file system shown.

I'm betting the WinRE partition will show several files/folders i.e.,
Or something similar;
$#Repair
boot
fonts
FSCFActory
sources
tmp
bcd
bootfix.bin
bootmgr
etfsboot

WinRE provides a Startup Repair feature, System Restore, and a command prompt for use to access other commands and the files on your PC. Generally it is HIDDEN therefore you do not see it in Disk Management unless hidden drive is not selected.

As renegade600 indicates could be diagnostic, this is confusing as Windows 10 Preview, which I have not tried has many bugs, that is why it is still a Preview.

Since you are not having any problems and obviously Windows 10 preview is not worth keeping on the system for now, I would uninstall Windows 10 preview and see what happens to your partitions. Unless you want to keep it?? On the surface I would of said that your partition table is corrupt, but since your not having any problems booting and you did try the Win 10 preview, probably not the case.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/uninst...hnical-preview
Old March 1st, 2015, 05:51 AM

Murf,

Hope you are feeling better I had uninstalled Windows 10 before i reimaged the PC back to factory. Based on what you said No drive letter assigned (Could be Windows 10)?:

650MB (Healthy Recovery)
260MB (System)
494MB (Healthy Recovery)

I would like Windows 10 completely uninstalled except i'm not sure where to look in hidden files and folders to see how we can figure out what the hidden partition is and the three that have no drive issues..can you help me?

Could it be that Windows 10 borked /created partitions and did not fully uninstall/roll them back?

Matt
Old March 6th, 2015, 06:30 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Sorry, back. So everything runs great you just want to completely get rid of the Windows 10 preview.

had uninstalled Windows 10 before i reimaged the PC back to factory

How did you do this? Did you "Roll Back" to Windows 8?