Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:26 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hotmail Windows 8

I have windows 8 and I use the standard MSN home page and before when I logging into my homepage MSN I had a Hotmail icon in the upper left corner that would tell me if I had any new messages. With windows 8 I still have the Hotmail icon but it doesn't have a 0 or that I have new mail. Also on the right side where facebook is it says Hotmail is temporary unavailable, but if I click on the Hotmail icon in the upper right it will bring up my Hotmail and show me my messages if I have any. What is going on? It is no big deal but now I just have to open Hotmail ever so often to see if I have mail.
Also, does anyone know if Just Cloud storage will work with Windows 8

Last edited by sharp; December 1st, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:03 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
If you open the Charms menu and select Settings then select your account, there should be a slider that says "Show email Notification" Make sure that is checked. I know that mine shows the number of unread messages since I checked that box.

I have no clue about the Just Cloud though.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM

Where do i find charms at. I am not very good with computers.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
It is the fly out menu that come from the right hand side of the screen. It has the start button on it.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz836062 View Post
If you open the Charms menu and select Settings then select your account, there should be a slider that says "Show email Notification" Make sure that is checked. I know that mine shows the number of unread messages since I checked that box.

I have no clue about the Just Cloud though.
where is the charms menue
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:19 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Move your cursor to either the very top or very bottom right hand side corner, and the Charms menu will appear.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp View Post
where is the charms menue
in settings there is no thing labeled account so I cannot find a place that says show email notifications
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:28 AM

http://www.wingadgetnews.com/turn-em...-8-mail-app-2/
Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM

. I think what is happening is I set up computer to local account this time and that is why I don't see my account when I go to settings like you showed on your answer. I currently have it set up so I don't have a password to get onto computer. If I go to change my current password for my hotmail account it makes me log on again to hotmail with my password and then I can change my hotmail password. Question can I add my Microsoft account to this computer and this will take care of the hotmail notification problem and still not have to use a password to get onto my computer each morning? When I set up the computer the first time I always had to use a password to log on. That is when I lost my password and HP had to get me set up all over again with a local account and that is when I no longer get my hotmail notifications
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM

I know to have access to your account for Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live ID services, you need a Windows Live password (Microsoft).

Try resetting the Microsoft Account password and see if that helps.

https://account.live.com/password/reset
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:49 PM

I have tried this two times. I have had HP and Hotmail trying to figure this out.
HP even tried have me sign on to my home MSN page using google chrome and when
I did this I got on the page but it would not allow me to scroll down the page they even
took control of my computer and they could get it to work either. I guess I will just have
to check my hotmail without my new mail notifications.
Thanks.
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:49 PM

I finally got my Hotmail to show the notification that I have new mail. What I did was I setup computer from my local setup to a Microsoft account setup and then I went back to a set up as a local account and it just started working like it was supposed to.
This windows 8 is crazy. Everyone tried to help but nothing seemed to work but this by accident.