Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:19 PM

O/S: Windows 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLITO View Post
As for the media players, for certain films wmp works fine now. I used one that doesn't work in wmp and tried quicktime. It led me to a site that adds a 3rd party user to sync up the program types. I didn't download it. I then tried in VLC and it worked fine there.
Sounds like some kind of wimad infected file...good choice on not downloading the "extension" do you scan your videos with MBAM and your AV before trying to play them? Might be a good habit to get into.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 05:18 AM

Ever get it figured out Charlito?
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:02 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Hi Gunner.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys yet. Trust me when I say I've been out of my mind busy these last couple of weeks. Thankfully a little bit of Christmas break is right around the corner! So did you make it to the desert safe and sound yet?

As for my computer, I haven't had any time to do anything yet. I watched a short film on WMP before going to sleep the other night with no problems. I've been afraid of deleting and reloading it for fear of messing something up and not having time to fix it. There's got to be something wrong still because the internet is still slow but only on certain pages, yahoo for example???? Sound seems to be good for now. But like I said, I haven't been able to do much lately.

I'll get back to you soon though. Hopefully Wednesday I'll have at least the morning free. Thanks for the concern. I really do appreciate it. Have a great week! Charlie
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:56 AM

No I dont fly out until saturday...I wouldn't uninstall windows media player, I would start with one of your many other players first.