Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2008, 01:01 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
You are welcome. There are two tasks that need to be disabled.

One is called RecoveryCD and the other Registration. Both are only reminders. One is to remind you to make a Recovery CD so consult your Help files regarding this. The other is a Registration reminder.

Disable both Tasks and the error should go away. See here for help on disabling tasks in Vista (you might have to check all the folders though. I am not sure they will be in the Backup folder).
Old December 27th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Ann Marie,

I have reviewed the link you provided for help on disabling tasks in Vista and 2 methods are provided, Method #2 is non applicable as no back up tasks are scheduled on my computer and Method #1 is very very difficult to understand and/or follow.

Is there another way for me to disable the RecoveryCD and Registration as I am a total loss after reading the link provided.

Thank you,
Troy
Old December 27th, 2008, 08:00 PM
CTH Subscriber

Hi Troy. I posted that link to show you an example of how to do this. Follow the instructions in Method 2 but look in the other folders for the RecoveryCD and Registration tasks. I dont have a Hewlett Packard so I dont know what folder they will be in. Once you find them, it's just a matter of following the same set of instructions to disable the Backup tasks.
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Ann Marie,

I think you/we did it I found the 2 items you mentioned and disabled them. If no error resurfaces today I will be very pleased.

I have a totally different error at start up on this brand new computer that I will tackle right after I have confirmed this one is gone.

Thank you,
Troy
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:37 PM
CTH Subscriber

Ok. See what happens.
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:58 PM

Ann Marie,

I have just become a subscriber to the service and again really appreciate the help as the error we discussed is gone!

I have one last error that I would like to resolve.

It appears only at start up (once windows has loaded) thus far in my vista HP desktop.

The error is as follows:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\conf ig\machine.config parser returned error code 0xC00CE556

The only solution theory I have seen online suggests that perhaps the machine.config file is corrupted. One solution offered is to copy the machine.config.default file located at: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.050727\confi g\ directory and then rename it to machine.config, then restart and the error is supposedly gone.

The person suggesting it doesn't strike me as being very reliable so I am here hoping for guidance.

Thank you,
Troy

Last edited by SafetyChain; December 28th, 2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:16 AM
CTH Subscriber

Hi Troy, thank you for supporting our site. We do appreciate it.

If it only happens at startup that error is more likely to be generated by an application that uses or used NetFramework.

When I look at the log you provided earlier, I can see a couple of odd looking registry startups. Have you been using a registry cleaner?

I think I will get rid of them and see if the problem goes away. Go to Start Search next to the Start orb and copy and paste the below command:

Code:
regedit /e C:\look.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
You will see it appear at the top of the Menu. Click on it please. This will export the contents of that key to a "look.txt" file in your C folder.

Now do the same for the below command:

Code:
regedit /e C:\look1.txt "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-654711179-1897982540-1602218629-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
This will export the contents of that key to a "look1.txt" file in your C folder.

Click on your C folder and find look.txt and look1.txt and copy and paste the contents of each in this thread.
Old December 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM

Here you go Anne Marie,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run]
"Sidebar"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Sidebar\\sidebar.exe /autoRun"
"WindowsWelcomeCenter"="rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter"
"HPADVISOR"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Hewlett-Packard\\HP Advisor\\HPAdvisor.exe autorun=AUTORUN"
"WeatherEye"="C:\\Program Files\\TheWeatherNetwork\\WeatherEye\\WeatherEye.e xe"
"msnmsgr"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe\" /background"
"ehTray.exe"="C:\\Windows\\ehome\\ehTray.exe"
"EPSON Stylus CX4800 Series"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\spool\\DRIVERS\\x6 4\\3\\E_IATIADA.EXE /FU \"C:\\Windows\\TEMP\\E_SB588.tmp\" /EF \"HKCU\""

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-654711179-1897982540-1602218629-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Sidebar"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Sidebar\\sidebar.exe /autoRun"
"WindowsWelcomeCenter"="rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter"
"HPADVISOR"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Hewlett-Packard\\HP Advisor\\HPAdvisor.exe autorun=AUTORUN"
"WeatherEye"="C:\\Program Files\\TheWeatherNetwork\\WeatherEye\\WeatherEye.e xe"
"msnmsgr"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe\" /background"
"ehTray.exe"="C:\\Windows\\ehome\\ehTray.exe"
"EPSON Stylus CX4800 Series"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\spool\\DRIVERS\\x6 4\\3\\E_IATIADA.EXE /FU \"C:\\Windows\\TEMP\\E_SB588.tmp\" /EF \"HKCU\""

Last edited by SafetyChain; December 28th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

Those values are fine. The utility you ran obviously doesnt enumerate 64bit registries correctly.

Ok, let's checkout Event Viewer and see if it provides some clues. We are looking for Errors (not Information or Warnings) that were recorded at the time and date that the error message appeared. Go to Start Search and type:

eventvwr.msc

eventvwr.msc will appear at the top of the Menu. Doubleclick on it and look under Windows Logs. Click on each category e.g. Application etc and look at Errors only. Post back the Event Source, the Event ID and any other relevant information. To do this, doubleclick on the Event, click on the General tab and click on "Copy" and paste the information into a new document (if more than one error) and then post it here.
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:29 AM

Errors found under "application" since the problem surfaced a few days ago:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

The program OTViewIt.exe version 1.0.20.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: d8 Start Time: 01c967a6619e9163 Termination Time: 15

The description for Event ID 11001 from source MsiInstaller cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Product: Driver Detective -- Error 1001.
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

The description for Event ID 11001 from source MsiInstaller cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM

Errors found under "system"

Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\pfc.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver

The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of a failed free space computation.

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\pfc.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\pfc.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:05 AM

Thats all I was able to turn up, as an aside under control panel "Problem Reports and Solutions" this turns up multiple times:

ESAdvRemIntegrator
Description
Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: remengine.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.964.2626
Problem Signature 03: 47ffee7e
Problem Signature 04: System.Configuration
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 47577dd9
Problem Signature 07: 1a6
Problem Signature 08: 136
Problem Signature 09: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Files that help describe the problem
Version.txt
memory.hdmp
minidump.mdmp

Last edited by SafetyChain; December 29th, 2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old December 29th, 2008, 01:26 AM

Ann Marie,

I just came across something that I think might be a smoking gun. On my desktop there is a HP Total Care Advisor incon/shortcut and when I click on it I get exact same detailed error message and code I am reporting and it doesn't open when double clicked, a right click and then selecting OPEN also doesnt work. "HPAdvisor.exe, configuration parser error" shows at top of the error pop up
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:56 AM
CTH Subscriber

I had a feeling the problem would be caused by HP software. There is no entry in the Event logs that specifically refer to it so that was a good find. You can either uninstall it from Programs and Features or try disabling the startup using msconfig but if you want the software repaired, you will have to talk to HP. I had a look on their site and I couldnt find a download for it. I did find that dozens of people are having problems with this software though.

To disable it, hit the Windows key + r and type msconfig in the Run box and click ok. Click on Startups and uncheck HPADVISOR and click ok. Reboot. Hopefully this will do the trick.
Old December 29th, 2008, 04:02 AM

You did it!

Thank you so much

Troy