Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:11 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
COMODO firewall pro advice (Moved from Vista Forum)

Has Does anyone here Use the free firewall software called COMODO Firewall pro?

Is it anygood, and how does it compare to Zonealarms free. i noticed it has a much better review than zonealarms free(vista version) on CNET.

Should i have the defence+ active on COMODO and what does the defence+ actually do?

I used to use zonealarms free but it wont install on my vista, i am downloading the vista version aswell

Also is there anyway for me to set prioroty of the programs that start up when vista does so i can make the COMODO Firewall and AVG AV start up before any of the other stuff. ATM there is a delay on them opening and they are the last to thing to startup

Thanks for any replys
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Comodo firewall

Elmo,

I prefer Comodo to Zonealarm, as it seems to work a lot better and is more user friendly. I use the free version on my XP desktop and my wife's XP laptop. I also had it installed on my vista Toshiba laptop (keyword HAD).

Unfortunately, I was getting a bsod every time I pressed the Fn key on th Toshiba, and AnnMarie from this forum found that Comodo was the problem (Thank you AnnMarie!). So, I uninstalled comodo and installed Zonealarm, and it seems to work ok.

I don't really know if it is a vista-comodo problem, or a toshiba-vista-comodo problem, or a toshiba-comodo problem. You could try it and see what happens.

I also have windows defender running, and I have noticed the same thing with the program boot order with zonealarm and AVG. Sorry, I can't help with these two.

Jasiel.
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:02 AM

Elmo,

An update on my previous post.

My laptop with ZA and Vista has been crashing, and I have now been told that it is caused by a conflict between ZA and Windows firewall. I haven't tried anything to fix the problem yet. Just thought you would like to know.

Jasiel.