Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 14th, 2016, 11:31 AM

Exclamation Windows 8 won't boot

Hello. Im having a issue with windows 8 startup. It goes as far as windows logo and then crashes back to start and continues in loop. I was unable to run in safe mode. Shift + F8 doesen't work. I used instalation disk to boot from and used automatic repair...doesen't work. I tried system recovery...it was unable to preform. I tried using command prompt with bootrec to repair boot option and nothing happend. I used command prompt to enable safe mode...and nothing happend. I ren HDD for errors and disc is fine. Im out of options. Please help me!!
Old August 14th, 2016, 09:45 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Try holding down the SHIFT key and restart, should bring up the menu for Safe Mode. If not instead of hitting F8 hit Shift F8.