Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old June 9th, 2016, 05:37 PM

Unhappy Stuck at "Repairing disk errors."

Hello,

my Lenovo laptop running on Windows 8.1 has been stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

I turned it off normally, then in the morning it was started up, went normally through the password part, then it was supposedly loading too long, so my mom shut it down and restarted it and then the program asked to do a system restore to a previous point in time and now it has been stuck on "Repairing disk errors.." for over 10 hours now.

There is one light on, however, it's not blinking. Should I wait and leave it alone, or what should I do? I can't take it to repair, since I have all my bank stuff and passwords on it. Is there any way I can save the data, if the laptop is broken?
Old June 11th, 2016, 09:17 PM

You can try "Unrestore" the system and see if it cures the problem.