Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 29th, 2015, 08:25 AM

Unable to start up computer. Black screen and unresponsive

Hey

I have a toshiba satellite l350d laptop and earlier today for some reason the screen went black while I was using it. No back light or anything. I figured it just shut down due to over heating because it was pretty hot underneath. But the fan was still running and the power, battery and cd drive lights were still on. I tried shutting it down by holding the power button but it is completely unresponsive. So I waited until the battery ran out. I booted up my computer but the screen remained dark and only the lights and fan turned on. I know I should be posting my computer specs but I don't know what they are at the moment.

Hopefully there is a easy fix for this

~Erethos
Old September 8th, 2015, 01:41 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
I don't know how old your laptop is, but I have seen a screen go dark before. And that is an indication the screen is dead. Sorry to be the bearer of "possibily" bad news, but this is apparently common for laptops--over time. My preference would be a Dell, but thats just me. Perhaps someone else in this jury would claim an "objection" to my analysis of the problem. I rest my case.
Old September 8th, 2015, 09:50 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
do you have a desktop monitor to try? If so plug it in to see if it works.