Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 17th, 2015, 05:10 PM

Location: Jacksonville now but bred and born in JERSEY, always a Jersey girl at heart.
Concern switching browser...

As I am not savvy about basics but suspect from multiple mistake of my own doing...hope to head off that possibility yet again.
I am IE 11; W8.1
Joined Blogger.com...everything initially okay but unable to access the Template Designer which gives me options as to creating colors, margins etc. I contacted the Help Forum and it seems IE is the issue for this problem and a few others at Blogger. I was advised to install Firefox or Chrome which "generally" corrects the problem.
So if I just go ahead and install Firefox...should I have changed anything prior to the installation? say settings with IE11 so I don't lose anything?
AND what might I be asked in the installation if there is a choice to be made.
Please keep advice easy to follow. But I suspect this is risky....
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:00 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
FWIW: I use 5 (five) browsers, (Firefox, Chrome, SeaMonkey, Pale Moon and IE), almost every day with nary a problem. Simply click on the shortcut for the one you want to use.
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Location: Jacksonville now but bred and born in JERSEY, always a Jersey girl at heart.
Just don't want to mess up anything. I was told that some choices might come up during the process like a drop down box that has an option to Imput Data From Another Browser..should I select that?
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:37 PM

If you want it do do whatever it's asking, sure.
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
If you want it do do whatever it's asking, sure.
Well I have no idea what that means? Somehow IE will send some kind of data to FireFox....since I do not know if choosing the option is necessary for just using Blogger.com(the only reason I am adding Firefox) then not sure which is wiser.
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:54 PM

Firefox can import your IE Favorites (Bookmarks) if you like.
Old April 17th, 2015, 08:55 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
you will not lose anything by installing other browsers. You will not mess up ie by installing firefox or chrome. When installing new browser you will only get two things that would even mention your already installed browser. It would ask if you want to make the new browser your default and it will ask if you want to import your bookmarks from the other browser. One that is done, they are two completely different entities.
Old April 17th, 2015, 09:31 PM

Okay will not include that or anything extra...thank you.
Old April 17th, 2015, 09:33 PM

Will go ahead an install Firefox, but not make it my default. Just hope it clears up my ability to continue setting up at Blogger.com.
Thank you all for your patience.
Old April 18th, 2015, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ora View Post
Will go ahead an install Firefox, but not make it my default. Just hope it clears up my ability to continue setting up at Blogger.com.
Thank you all for your patience.
Update:
No, even though the Blogger help(!) forum suggested switching to Firefox instead of IE to enable access to configure the Template Designer option, that did not work either. Not sure what else can be done as I understand Blogger.com has had trouble with IE working with all their themes and templates. But appreciate the help I received here.
Old April 21st, 2015, 07:21 PM

Follow-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ora View Post
Update:
No, even though the Blogger help(!) forum suggested switching to Firefox instead of IE to enable access to configure the Template Designer option, that did not work either. Not sure what else can be done as I understand Blogger.com has had trouble with IE working with all their themes and templates. But appreciate the help I received here.
Okay the problem was me, no surprise. I did not know you had to click on the Firefox icon(as it is not my default browser) prior to accessing my Blogger. Once I clicked on the Firefox icon, it easily opened up the sight, the Template Designer was ready to go. But thank you for the feedback no matter..
Old April 21st, 2015, 08:24 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Nice to see members solving their own problems.
Old April 21st, 2015, 10:04 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
just a fyi, blogger is google. chrome may be the best browser choice :-) I never been clear as to what the problem was in this thread. I have a blogger blog that I use as a backup to my wordpress and never had to do anything special to access the account/configure settings with firefox.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
just a fyi, blogger is google. chrome may be the best browser choice :-) I never been clear as to what the problem was in this thread. I have a blogger blog that I use as a backup to my wordpress and never had to do anything special to access the account/configure settings with firefox.
I will remember if I start having problems with Firefox...thanks!