Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old December 11th, 2014, 09:56 AM

Alt key randomly stuck?

Hey all, recently my computer would randomly start acting like the alt key was held down, though physically the key is fine. This would continue for a few minutes, where I would just randomly press buttons or wait till it gets unstuck. I've googled this problem for days, but none of the solutions I've found online have worked for me. I'm pretty sure its not a virus problem either. I have recently started using a new mouse, logitech g700 but I don't have the alt key bound anywhere on it or anything, though I do have shift and ctrl on the side buttons.

Sometimes I fix the problem by opening the on-screen keyboard (which is hard when alt is stuck) and spamming the alt key, but sometimes this doesn't work. As you can imagine, this can get super annoying in the middle of a gaming session and I would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

I'm running vista home premium 64-bit edition, and my computer is quite old as well.

Last edited by Spirri; December 11th, 2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old December 11th, 2014, 04:30 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Did this start after using the new Mouse???? Did you install the drivers for the Mouse?

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/7244#download

Also the Logitech Gaming Software, same page?
Old December 11th, 2014, 09:21 PM

Yup, had all that done. And yes, it started after the new mouse.
Old December 12th, 2014, 12:35 AM

Hum, Maybe something in the Mouse configuration software, open it up and nose around, maybe a Key assignment??
Old December 13th, 2014, 10:12 PM

Yeah, I had bindings set up but only ctrl and shift to mouse buttons.

I also tried replacing my keyboard but it started happening again with a different keyboard.
Old December 14th, 2014, 04:14 PM

Have you tried a different or your old mouse and the problem went away?