Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:44 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Exclamation Acer Aspire 772G HD Audio Driver Issue

Hi all,

It's been a long time since ive had to use this forum but after trying to resolve this issue myself and repeatedly, i thought i'd try here.

So my laptop is windows 8 and all was fine when plugging in my TV via HDMI. i had video and audio with no issues. I update to Windows 8.1 and the video displays on the TV but the audio still plays from the laptop. I checked device manager and it seems the drivers for windows 8 did not work with 8.1 as i had the yellow warning triangle displaying. This was also the same for my display adapter.

I go to the offical Acer page for my drivers:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

I download both the realtek and nvidia display adapter driver and it then worked fine when plugged into the TV until i came to plug it in again today when i experienced the original symptoms.

I check device manager again and the warning triangle is there again!

re-install the realtek drivers and the only one missing is the intel display audio? im not sure where this driver is included.

any help greatly appreciated.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I went to the Acer site and notice that Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 8.1 use the same drivers, even the single language Windows 8.1.

I would uninstall the both drivers, also go into Programs and Features and uninstall anything that has Realtek and Nvidia in it.

Do not reboot, now reinstall the drivers you downloaded, then reboot.