Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM

Files awaiting to be burned to disk message.

Can someone give me step to step instructions to eliminate this message received with at every start-up or restart?

Robert
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:16 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
When the balloon comes up telling you that files are ready to be burned, there should be two commands to the left of the displayed files. One is Copy to CD and the other is Delete Temporary Files

Or from the desktop bring up the "Charm Menu" on the right then go to Search and type in File Explorer, click on Apps and then click on File Explorer.

Double click on Computer then right click on your CD/DVD drive and click "Delete Temporary File"
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
When the balloon comes up telling you that files are ready to be burned, there should be two commands to the left of the displayed files. One is Copy to CD and the other is Delete Temporary Files

Or from the desktop bring up the "Charm Menu" on the right then go to Search and type in File Explorer, click on Apps and then click on File Explorer.

Double click on Computer then right click on your CD/DVD drive and click "Delete Temporary File"
Although I get an alert that there are files to be burnt to disk and follow the instruction to click on the info balloon the resulting screen is blank, no files listed. When I go to my computer and right click on the 'E" DVD RW drive there is no option to clear temp burn files.
Robert
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM

Stubborn;

Start | Search

Type in;

shell:cd burning

Files should show up delete them
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM

I tried your last suggestion but was unable to retrieve any files using the "start- search" approach. This morning when I started the computer the message has mysteriously disappeared. I cycled through a few shutdowns and restarts and there has been no reappearance. Let's hope that I have seen the last of it!!

Thanks for your help.

Robert
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:23 PM

Weird, maybe a "April Fools" related . Glad it went away.