Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old April 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM

Not sure I know what you mean by 'clean boot'...can you explain?

I have not had any issues while running the system in safe mode. I can leave the system idle, open the lid, and launch a program and begin working immediately. In normal mode that is not possible anymore.

Are there other scans or reports that I can run to give you additional information to determine what programs are running that could cause this issue??
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:44 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I was referring to the steps you performed in your recent topic Steve. See here. If the issues dont occur while the machine is cleanbooted, you will have to perform the troubleshooting steps again to see what software is causing the problem.

If they do still occur, try updating your main drivers.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:13 AM

Doing the cleanboot did resolve the slow load up process that I was experiencing. That issue has not returned since....

Are you suggesting that I follow those same steps in an attempt to fix the freezing issue I am experiencing?
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM
CTH Subscriber

Yes that exactly what I am saying. Clean boot it, run that way for a day or so and see if you still have the freezing problem. If not, try the troubleshooting steps.
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:07 AM

I did the clean boot and believe I have located and disabled by issue program. Since disabling it, I have not had ANY issues and the system is running like new for 2 days in a row.

Again, I can not say enough about your professionalism and support throughout this ordeal. Thanks again!! Is there something I can do in return??
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:56 AM
CTH Subscriber

That's good news Steve and you are very welcome. We are always happy to help when we can and we dont expect anything in return aside from an update.