Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM

Very odd laptop problem?

I bought a returned but supposedly brand new HP artist edition laptop about 2 weeks ago from Fry's. Excellent deal. It was relatively problem free I got one blue screen which I fixed through updates. Today was about the 14th day I've had the computer. I started it up and right after passing the HP screen, the screen goes black and then all of a sudden hundreds and hundreds of weird characters are on the screen, with odd flashing color seemingly animated. It was sort of similar to a matrix like effect (From the movie I mean) and it happened 4 times and now the computer works fine. I could exchange the computer for another return as they have no new ones anymore...it was a limited edition but I have another 15 days to decide what I want to do. Has anyone ever heard of this problem? I am updating everything now and scanning everything...I just have never heard of the matrix like effect..kind of interesting.
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:44 PM

Could be the screen is going bad. Have Fry's replace it with a new one.
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM

I really don't see how the screen would be an issue it works just fine..it looked as if it was weird code that was going on the screen.
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Does anyone at all know what this problem could be? I'm very concerned its very odd.
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:19 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Maybe the video card is going bad. If the fault is intermittent, it's hard to know Ian_Y. You must have some sort of warranty. Take it back and ask them to run diagnostics on it.