Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old October 25th, 2019, 12:49 PM

Unhappy how to block popups on a website in firefox

I frequent a local newspaper site and all of a sudden I am getting a popup for ATT saying I have a chance to win a visa, I click back button to escape it and it comes right back.I have always had option on other ads to x out but this ad has no escape. I see no way to x out of it.

I checked and the box under option in firefox block popups in windows is checked for no popups so I don't know what to do.It is very annoying not to be able to stop it.I see no way to block a specific site.

I don't have any add-ons enabled .

Is there a safe way to stop this?

Thank you!

Last edited by perplexed; October 25th, 2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old October 26th, 2019, 12:56 PM

the page seems to be happyparkclub.com,there are other smaller popups too
Old October 26th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Do you mean Happy Lucky Park Club?

In Firefox at the top right of your screen (under the X) click the 3 lines icon (3 lines, one on top of the other). Click on Privacy Protections. Also, click Options, and on the window that opens you'll see Privacy and Security on the left. Lots of good options in Firefox, without having to download or install from 3rd party.
Old October 26th, 2019, 02:41 PM

yes that is it (Site) it is in my browser when box pops up. I have gone into privacy and I see no way to prevent it pop up is checked for blocking. What else can I do.

Can you link me malwarebytes I want to make sure what I download is legit. I have adware cleaner is that the same it says it is by malwarebytes.

I just want this pop up to stop.It happens every time I visit that newspaper site.I can't x out of it like others on that site.''' Could my browser be hijacked?

Block all pop ups is checked in IE too but I only use firefox.

Thanks for your great directions too.

Last edited by perplexed; October 26th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old October 26th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Install and run it, you should be good to go.
Old October 26th, 2019, 04:42 PM

I ran scan and nothing detected.

Is that popup part of the site I am visiting (only pops up there) or is it in my browser? I am trying to understand this.

It starts out as an att ad and in my browser it says www.HappyLuckyParkClub.com so I am confused and why won't it let me x out like others on the site?

I found this but don't know how to remove it
http://it-help.info/how-to/adwares/5...ucky-park-club

Last edited by perplexed; October 27th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old November 10th, 2019, 01:38 PM

under privacy & security I changed setting from standard to strict under browser Privacy
Enhanced Tracking Protection

May I ask if that popup is malware or what? Is it able to infect my computer and is there away to get it off my computer.

If I leave setting to strict I don't see it but I can't read site I see it on because I get another popup saying I need to disable my blocker which I assume is the strict setting.If I disable it I get the Happyluckypark club popup again. I found the link above but I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your help!