Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old May 11th, 2016, 05:44 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Blue screen in vista laptop

Hi to all!

I am facing problem with my parents' old vaio laptop. Every few minutes a blue screen of death appears. The info is
STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x9105E028, 0xB2000040, 0x00000800)

In safe mode, it works fine.

No drivers or whatever else has been installed for a while now. It had been shut down for some days and the first day they tried to use it, they started facing that problem. Also, I couldn't try system repair as there was never a repair point created in this computer.

I am not sure if the windows updates are installed, I don't have the time to check for updates before the BSOD appears and in safe mode it 's not possible.

I would be grateful for your help, i don't know what to look for and how to check what 's wrong or how to fix it...

Thank you.

System information:
CPU Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10GHz 2.09 GHz
RAM 2,00 GB
32-bit
Windows Vista Home Premium, SP2

Thanks again!
Old May 11th, 2016, 07:57 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I suspect a hardware problem, this error is a tough one to pinpoint. I would check the following;

Get into the BIOS SETUP, usually the 1st screen tells you how, each machine can be different, usually a "F" key, maybe F2 or the "DEL" key. Once in the SETUP look around and see if there is any entry that talks about the 32bit access on the hard drive. If there is and it is turned off, turn it on. If you cannot find anything like that then find where you can set everything to Defaults. Do that and save and exit, may fix the problem.

If not then the Graphics (Video) driver could be the culprit.

I would also see if you can install any Windows Updates in "Safe Mode with Networking".
Old May 13th, 2016, 06:54 PM

Hi Murf!

Thank you so much for your help.

I tried to find some entry in BIOS about a 32bit access on the hard drive with no luck. Setting everything to Defaults didn't solve the problem either.

The Graphics driver is stating that is up to date and fine but i tried to reinstall it anyway. In the end of the installation, i got a message that it is already installed on the computer, it gave me no option of "repair" or anything similar. I was afraid to uninstall it so as to install it from scratch, wouldn't that mean that the display won't be working?

Windows update is not working in safe mode even with networking, don't know if that's normal or because the laptop is off, because it seems i can click on it but nothing happens, no message, no nothing.

At some appearance of the blue screen, i saw that the problem code had changed a bit, it was STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x9164C3F0, 0xB2000040, 0x00000800), not sure if you can deduce something from that.

Sorry for this sheet. If you have some other idea of what else i could try, please tell me.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help...
Old May 14th, 2016, 08:20 PM

Also, is it normal that the problem disappears in safe mode..?