Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:17 PM

Unhappy BOOTMNRG is missing and NTLDR is missing errors

Hola,
How do I fix a BOOTMNRG is missing? or NTLDR is missing? I have tried F8, F2 & F12 to boot from CD. started on Recovery Console, did "fixboot" the bootmngr is missing error got replaced by NTLDR error....I have windows xp os and windows 8 os...it gives me a CD not valid...I have both license os's..????
Thank You,
IPrincipe
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:30 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

So you are dual booting Windows 8 and Windows XP? Was it working OK then you got this error? Or did this happen after trying to load say Windows 8 and XP was already on the machine?
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM

I'm not doing a dual booting. I replaced the hard drive and wanted to put windows 8 but because of the boot system i had to go back to xp to get into bios....i fixed the two errors of bootmngr missing and NTLDR missing. Now im getting a windows system32 missing error.
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:00 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Trying to understand, relaced the hard drive, you tried to install Windows 8, it would not so you then installed Windows XP. Did you reformat the drive after trying Windows 8 before installing XP:

Exactly which windows/system32 error are you getting? Is it telling you that windows/system32 is missing or is it referencing a particular file?

When you :fixed the NTLDR missing how did you do that? Did you copy the following two files to the c:;

ntldr
ntdetect.com

If you had a busted Windows 8 installation and did not wipe those files off then installed XP you would get all kinds of errors.