Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM

"Theme" Issues

Backstory

So in the last month i noticed some of my folders i keep on the desktop change form the newer slicker icon of a folder back to the typical windows yellow folder. Then more and more until all of my folders where like that.
Then all of sudden some sounds started to go from a normal contemporary notification sound to a dull sound from XP or older.

Then about a week ago the "bar" if you will changed from a typical Win7 style back to a XP one where its dull. And its like that everywhere.

I have tried icon programs at first to fix the folder issue and unless i wanna do it one buy one its sucks and i just want them back to a normal win7 folder nothing fancy.
I have tried changing themes via the ones pre installed and it might change my desktop wallpaper it never changes the "bars"
Also tried other non microsoft theme programs with the same results.

ALSO i scanned my pc with Malwarebyes, CCleaner, WinASO, AVG and cleaned all up and so on rebooted all the same.
Thought i may have installed too many apps or at least big apps (photo/video editing) and i uninstalled a few with no difference.
So then i decided to check out my ram. So i make a bootable disc of a memory scanner. Ended up getting into the millions of errors with the ram i had and i stopped it before it was done with the intentions on getting ram and not waiting until scan was done to tell me i had 500 trillion errors lol.
Bought new ram installed it started her up and BAM .... same thing
I have not scanned this ram as my wife uses it while im at work and when im home i do alota 2nd job stuff on it so i dont like having it offline long.

*included some screens of said issues

Thanks for your help!!!!
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
The problem is you have a non genuine copy of win7. You need to purchase a legal copy.
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:09 AM

I wasn't the one who installed this OS but im sure not gonna change it with the deep customized things on it but thanks for the actual help!

Anybody else? There has to be a quick solution to this.
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:22 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
changed my mind.

Last edited by renegade600; January 14th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.