Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:20 PM

Virus has changes a whole lot of computer settings... help

Hey

Pretty sure have a virus that has changed a whole lot of settings on my laptop, from blocking downloads (although I can download in safemode), hiding my files, changing my desktop background to black and changing the windows theme. I've run malwarebytes and superantispy, it removed alot of stuff but I believe this particular one is still in my laptop as I still have the problems it causes. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

James
Windows 7 user
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Read Malware Removal Forum Guidelines, then start a new thread in our Malware Removal Forum and work with the experts there to make sure the infection is completely removed.
Old November 26th, 2012, 12:15 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
After deleting the viruses from the laptop, we need to change so many things and registry entries. This will took some time to modify all the entries. So better to repair your laptop with Windows 7 CD or there are some registry fix software available in the market. You can use them to find solution.