Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Lots of issues with laptop...

Hi Experts...
I am not sure if Im posting in the right forum but I am having ALOT is issues with my laptop. Whenever I turn it on I am getting the chkdsk screen and there are a bunch of things coming up when it runs. I cant get internet on my 'main' logon so I have created the one im using now to at least get online to try to get some help. I am not sure what I need to do or which of the discussion forums I should post to but I could REALLY use some help here. I am afraid if I dont get any that whatever is going on will only get worse.
Thank you in advance for ANY help with this (whatever it is...)
Wendy
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
What, exactly, are the "bunch of things coming up" when chkdsk runs?

Are there any other problems and, if so, what are they?
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM

hi sorry about not being more specific in my first post....
there seems to be a few things going on... i cant seem to get online when i log into my main *admin* account at startup. I have created another user so that I can get on to find help with this. As I said when I start my computer it wants to run chkdsk everytimeI did not get all of the exact things that it was finding before this reply but if you would like I can reboot and write as much down as possible. It is using words like "orphan files" and corrupt as well. It just seems like its not running right. Also... I am using a laptop and since yesterday when I plug my adapter in to charge up it is not charging. It will continue to run while plugged in but wont charge the battery anymore.
If you would like let me know and I will reboot and write for you what comes up with chkdsk... thanks in advance for the help
Wendy
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I can think of two possibilities.

If everything is working as it should when you use the new user account you set up, the problem could just be the old user account is corrupt.

If that's the case, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile in Windows XP.

The other possibility is malware. If you think that might be the culprit, read this thread, then start a new thread in our Malware Removal Forum and work with the experts there to make sure your computer is free of infection.
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM

Thank you so much will do go to maleware now.... thanks again