Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old October 31st, 2011, 04:22 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Can't use my Burner!!

I hooked up a Velocity Micro #101 to my ASUS Eee PC 1005HAB-RBLU005S (with Windows 7 Starter) and it came up just like it's suppose to, so I slipped in the driver disk and installed the software. When it was done I closed the program because I not going to be using it at that time. When I looked into Windows Explorer it was not there. I cannot seem to get this thing to work on my computer. It works fine on my desktop but not my mini notebook (for which I bought the darn thing). Can anyone please tell me why it's there and then it isn't there? I have played around with this for so long I am about to throw the darn thing right out the window. I'm deadly serious!! I've used my neighbors external drive and had not one problem so I know it's not that my system can't handle it. HELP!!! HELP!!!

Last edited by melodysue; October 31st, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old November 1st, 2011, 02:18 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
If it works ok on your desktop, the most likely scenario is that your netbook is not supplying enough power to run the device.

From the User Guide:

Quote:
Some computer USB ports may not provide enough power to fully operate the VMdrive, especially during high draw applications such as burning DVDs and DVD playback. If this is the case, you may need to utilize the included AC/USB power cord

If you have tried this and it still wont work, Velocity Micro offer support here.
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:07 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Thank you. I'll go to their site and see what they have to say. Thanks again!
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:12 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
You are welcome melodysue and good luck.