Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Unhappy Problem w/DVD-R. Burns DVDs but can’t read them, other PC can read it’s burned DVD-Rs

My friend asked me for help with this DVD-R on his Desktop PC but I can’t seem to figure this out. I am hoping that someone here at CyberTech can help us out.

My friend is able to burn and read CDs with his DVD-R. He can also burn to DVD-Rs but the DVD-R/computer he used to burn them can not read the discs. The funny thing is that his other computer (laptop) and set top DVD player can read the discs perfectly.

Here is a message he sent me...
“When I put the disc in nothing happens. If I click on the drive in Explorer I get a message saying Windows cannot read from the disc it might be corrupted or using a file system Windows does not recognize”.

This is the exact disk that is working 100% when he puts it in his other computer and also set top DVD player.

“I started having a problem with my DVD burner it writes both data and converted video files reads CDR's fine but won't read the data DVD's it burns although they play fine on my lap top and my DVD player tried doing this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
but that did not work.
I removed the upper and lower filters and it still won't read them.
I did see in the registry I have a controlset01 controlseto2 and currentcontrolset
I deleted from the currrentcontrol set but the other 2 also have upper and lower filters
do I delete those as well ?"

His Specs:
XP pro
2.80GHZ dual core
4 gigs of RAM
Lite-on DVDRW LH-20a1h
using Nero 7 to burn

Thanks everyone ahead of time
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:54 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 11
Quote: