Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 95

Notices

Windows 95 Problem solving for the Windows 95 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 15th, 2003, 01:10 AM

microsoft exel from 95 to windows xp

How do i take microsoft exel off of my win 95 computer and transfer it to my xp computer. I no longer have the program cd? Plese help
Old April 15th, 2003, 01:14 AM

Your Boned!

Buy an OEM copy of Office XP. Will run you about $200. That is your BEST solution - you will run into too many headaches otherwise. Believe me... you will not be able to read other's files, you will have problems with file conversion - reading macro's etc. Otherwise you may be able to run the setup.exe file from the c:\program files\microsoft\office directory across a network connection. Believe me its worth it just to get a new version of Office and install it. I won't go into details cuz of the AUI but THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY TO UPGRADE... err uh,... cheaply... yea yea cheap right - that is what you are after? Try Office 2k. That lacks the ever troublesome subscription-ware of Office XP.
Old April 15th, 2003, 01:22 AM

That just confirms what i already new but was to cheap to accept as my answer. Thanks
Old April 15th, 2003, 01:24 AM

Maybe you will catch my hint... don't you have any "FRIENDS"???
Old April 15th, 2003, 01:46 AM

I guess you took it wrong . excuse my wording. That was a thank you not an insult. I am going to take your advice. sorry if it sounded other than that. Hope we can be friends. agian thank you for bringing me out of my cheap moad and back to reality. I just thought their may be an easy fix but knew their wasent
Old April 23rd, 2003, 02:56 PM

Smile

Caspper: I don't think he was trying to be rude. Maybe suggesting an alternative course of action.
Old April 24th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
Old April 24th, 2003, 08:57 AM

Thumbs up Idea

...such as asking if they know where to buy a cheaper copy from. I did a quick search on EBay here in the UK and found many official MS Office products ranging from the very old up to XP at cheaper prices than store bought new.

Who cares if your Office disk is pre-owned? As long as it comes with the licence and the disk works then everything's cool.