Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old September 17th, 2006, 04:58 PM

Strange Connections

This is driving me nuts. Recently to fix a problem we've been having on our home linksus router, we have upgraded the router software. While this solved the problem we were trying to fix, a new problem has arisen. My computer, it seems, doesn't know when its on the network. When I try connecting, it will not register the fact that I'm on the network, even though I have full use of my internet. (This actually is somewhat funny, as on my Wireless Network Connections page it asks if I want to disconnect from a network it says im not connected to.) I could deal with my computers confusion, except every 5-10 minutes it decides to remove me from the network and I must go and reconnect (effectivly stopping any downloads, freezing any games, and so on.)

We've actually bought a new wireless router during the time I've had this problem (both were/are Linksys) so I do not think that's a part of the problem.

Any thoughts on fixes would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SimmahDown; September 17th, 2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old September 17th, 2006, 08:10 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Check the LAN properties on that wireless adapter and make sure there is "NOT" a check mark beside "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power"