Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 23rd, 2016, 12:15 PM

O/S: Windows 8
MP3 Player not found when connected.

Bonjour from France.
Firstly I haven't searched previous posts as I'm not sure what to search for. IF anyone knows the correct key words please let me know.

Problem - I have a small 2Gb MP3 player, it's quite old and was cheap, when I connect it to the PC to both charge and add/delete music it isn't always found by the PC (I was going to say never but I've just tried it and it's been found) but it does charge.

In device manager/Universal Serial Bus Controllers, when it's found, it's identified as a "USB Mass Storage Device".

Is there anything I can do to ensure it is always found by the PC? It the PC doesn't find it is there somewhere else I can look besides Device Manager.

I appreciate it may be a simple case of age and the micro USB plug/socket is worn.

Hope someone can help.
Old August 24th, 2016, 05:10 PM

ME again, yesterday I successfully managed to load some musin on the MP3 player........today when I connected it - nothing.....still charging though.
Old November 27th, 2016, 11:47 AM

Can we know on which MP3 player you have and on which USB port you are connecting it?

It could be a problem with USB drivers also. Try to reinstall the USB drivers.

Regards,
Wendell Mendoza
http://www.o365cloudexperts.com/

Last edited by Wendell Mendoza; November 28th, 2016 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Solution added
Old November 28th, 2016, 01:41 PM

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I'd forgotten all about this. I have since replaced my laptop so the question is moot as the MP3 player is recognised by the new PC.

However, I this the new PC has a faulty USB port how can I test/check it?

Regards,

Neil.