Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 13th, 2012, 02:14 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Don't know if it's doing anything

I was having a few problems so I ran Norton 360 Diagnostics's but before it finished it went to the blued screen full of text then shut down. I rebooted in safe mode and from the command prompt did a chkdsk with repair. It could not finish because there were processes running and ask if i wanted to schedule it to run at my next start up. I ticked yes. I started my pc in safe mode and it got as far as Loading windows files the screen is full of text and at the bottom it says please wait. It has been sitting there a long time and the last line of text says loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys. It doesn't say anything about chkdsk running. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have booted it into safe mode. I don't think chkdsk is running but I'm afraid to reboot it in case it is running. I don't want to damage my disk. Is there anyway to check to see if it's running. Should it have come up saying checking disk c?

EMACHINE
vista home version
2gig ram

Thanks
kuzzz
Old March 13th, 2012, 03:00 AM
CTH Subscriber

Window's just loaded so I guess it was working. But has anyone else had a problem running Norton 360 diagnostics? My chkdsk came up clean. Yet when I run the diagnostics it goes to the blue page and at the bottom I'm pretty sure it said memory dump at least it looked like that is what it said it went away pretty fast.
Old March 14th, 2012, 02:42 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Can you please clarify what your problem is kuzzz. Are you getting BSOD's? If your problem is Norton related, try uninstalling it and reinstalling. If this doesnt fix it, you will have to talk to Norton Support.
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:26 PM
CTH Subscriber

well i ran chkdsk/f again and it found errors and repaired them and now the start menu is working. when i have a little free time i'm going to run norton diagnostics again and see if it causes another memory crash dump i'm working on a project right now and dont want any probs til i finish it. i'll post again if i have problems again. i did call norton and they said it was a windows problem but we will see what happens.

Thanks Ann Marie
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:48 AM
CTH Subscriber

Ok.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:47 AM
CTH Subscriber

what do the yellow stars in the forum mean?
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:59 AM
CTH Subscriber

A spammer who was banned and his post deleted rated the topic.