Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM

Backing up my computer

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T60p with Vista. Have been backing up regularly using the Windows utility as well as the Lenovo Rescue and Recovery Utility. The Windows to an external disk and Lenovo internally. Since the Lenovo ulitily makes 5 back ups it has been eating up all of my harddisk space, I occassionally download shows and movies. Any recommendation on whether i should continue to use both programs and if i continue with the Lenovo program whether i should continue the backups to my internal harddisk. thanks for the help ;-)
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:59 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
are you also backing up your movies and such? If so, does Lenovo give you the ability to tell what to backup? This could help on disk space.

Personally unless you have a special need to run two different backups, one should be all you need. Drop the Lenovo one.
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:26 PM

no i don't actually just that the computer was set up that way when i bought it and only taking action now that it has become a problem. thank you for your help.