Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM

Counter-Strike: Source, Server Problems

System Specs:
AMD Athlon 64-bit 3000+ Processor
1GB of RAM
Radeon ATI X700 Pro Graphics Card
Windows XP OS, up to date
Wireless Roadrunner ISP [Via USB hub antenne]
Drivers and all are up to date

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so, here's my problem.

I have CS:S installed and updated, I also have DoD:S, however when I attempt to access servers my list contains around eight. It should contain several hundred, or better. When I attempt to access one of those eight servers, the loading bar stops at "Parsing Game Info..." and will go no farther. I let it 'parse' for three hours once. The thing that boggles me is that when I create a server it stops at "Establishing Connection to Server..."

Now, I run other games and Mozilla just fine. I play(ed) World of WarCraft, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, Guilds Wars and some others. All of which ran fine. I did have some similar trouble with Battlefield 2 as well, however, the game doesn't really appeal to me, so I didn't fight with it a lot.

I have reformatted my PC a few times and it makes no difference. Though, I have run CS:S with this same PC, same router and same modem before. It just randomly stopped. I really cannot find a specific incident that could've caused it.

A couple more things. One day, just randomly, DoD:S worked fine. I managed to join about three servers, like I normally should be able to, and then it went back to its broken state. I've also tried connecting to the router via ethernet cable. Originally, it worked, however, I recently bought a long enough cable to reach from the router to my room and it behaved just as the wireless.

If some one could help me find a solution that would allow me to play CS:S, I'd be greatly in debt to them.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:52 PM

Well, there are a few things that could be caused by it:

One, your firewall could be blocking it. I've had that happen more than once. It would explain why your server stops parsing, and it can't connect to itself.

Also, check the following things on the "Game Options": there's nothing in the field that says "map" the game is what it's supposed to be, etc.

There's one more thing, though. Sometimes the server list in game (or steam) doesn't work. If you've been using the one from "find server" on CS:S, then try NOT entering the game, but instead, click "server" on the Steam box, select the game you want, and see if that makes any difference.

Oh, and be sure you hit "refresh servers" after you've made any changes- that one's caught me more than once.