Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:29 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Exclamation This will def. test everyone's skill as a pc techie....... check it out now!

Ok so here goes.... I've got way to many important files on this pc that I got. It was an alienware bought about 4 years ago.... but i've made some mods to it. bought a asus ku-8 mobo and 1 gb mem. nvidia geforce card and amd 64 processor. All of a sudden, this system that is running Windows Xp pro, crashes. Everytime I turn it on i get this one beep before the POST test and then a continuos annoyance of a beep which will not stop. The only thing I can compare it to is a police siren with the two alternating notes. 'DOO DE DOO DE DOO DE DOO DE' before I go an reformat everything (last resort) I want to try a few things. I keep getting a few diff. blue screens.... one saying 'please reinstall system file SYSTEM/SYSTEM32/ and then some filename. Please help ... I was going to into the recovery console and do all i could in there instead of hitting enter on the main page when inserting and booting first off the windows disk. If you hit enter and click on the current partition you can install the necessary windows files through there. Anywho, I just restarted it and got another blue screen 'X050000000080E' or something..... Please help, the pc won't even let me get to the recovery console. where should I start? The memory stick? the video card? the processor? which one?!?!?!? please help if you need anymore info to diagnose or come up with some type of solution besides ripping out the hard drive and putting it as slave to another computer (also last resort) then please let me know thanks ya'll happy hunting
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:43 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
i suspect processor
my friends system with an asus board although a p4
had the same beep code
continuous high/low beeps

Processor may be overheating or starting to die
make sure the cpu fan is running and not clogged with dust

oh and dont post your email up here unless you want spam