Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:01 AM

Angry Cant open XP password doesn't work

2 Days ago I was trying to get my computer to open up alittle quicker and have been having a shutdown problem for some time. The blue screen Windows is shutting down just stays up until I turn it off with the power strip. But thats not my problem I am writting about.
I went in and deleted a registry mechnic software and at the same time trying to get back some of the stuff that I d lost lately due to the problems the registry mechnic found that I deleted like a fool. Anyway I went back in time 2months - as far as the computer would let me and did the re
thing. Then also at the same time I got into my user registry and eliminated 2 of the user accts , which were actually me as well as the administrator was/is, thinking that leaving just my one acct Admin that is that it would eliminate the finding my setting step on opening the computer. I also took note of the password to make sure I remembered it. Well the next day which was yesterday the screen came up click on your name and there was nothing at all listed on the page. So with some help from my local cable company help guy I managed to get the computer to show the safe mode screen and then a blue sign in page came up with administrator password blank and I tyed in what I know is the password and nothing except a pop open menu telling me I was incorrect. And I have went back and reopened the compute under all 3 of the safe mode listings and all I get is the sign in admin page and the pass word I know simply doesn t work. - Like for almost 2 days now. please help and if you think this is some crooks attempt to get into someone elses computer e mail me and I will give you any and all information that will prove I am not. Any help would be greatly appreciated - other than e mail and surfing I know absolutly nothing about a computer........
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:53 AM
<- My cat, Jeep

O/S: Linux
Hi Mike,
Unfortunately, we are prohibited from advising anyone on bypassing passwords. Some time ago, before I knew better, I had helped someone in this regard and the thread was quickly closed. There are at least three reasons for this rule:

1. It is really impossible to verify someone's intentions on-line.
2. Even if we could positively verify intent, someone else could be watching the thread to learn how to do it, and thus use it illegally.
3. Although cybertechhelp.com cannot be held liable for advice, lawyers will be lawyers, and lawyers are ALWAYS expensive.

If it makes you feel better at all, it is very difficult to do... beyond the skills of a novice computer user.

Very Sorry,

Phil

Last edited by Roadrunner777; September 3rd, 2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:40 AM

I dont like it but I do understand.

There is a service I found where you can download a this companies info to a CD on a working computer and put that in the jammed up one and then start that computer and then take the disc out and forward the info on the disc via a working computer to their company and for $25.00 they send you back the lost password. Does this sound like a way I should go ? If not any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated ? thanks Mikedd
PS this computer also with XP - I am on is my girls and its on he same router as mine, thats the jammed up one, does that give me any help. They are not networked together as I don t know how nor ever needed to do so. THX MD
Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:45 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Not entirely sure if i'm understanding the question, but are you saying you can't get into windows because the user account is password protected (and it won't let you in)?
If that's the case, I believe you can go into the BIOS on bootup and change the password... not entirely sure if that works, but it's worth a try (and sorry if this is 'against the rules' as roadrunner said - delete my post if that's the case.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 05:11 AM

Thanks alot Gunslinger, I really appreciate your answer and I ll give it a try. I don t understand why it wont open because I know the password.
Once again thanks. MikeDD