Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:47 PM

Unistallisation

Hi. How can I remove the a game completely if the gamefolder has been deleted, but the game has not been uninstalled. The uninstaller does not work now (of course). Tried going into the "add/remove software" in the control panel, the game is still in the list of installed software, but I cant remove it.

Please help
Thanks
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:55 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows XP Home
You can remove the entry from Add/Remove using [CCleaner]. However, there will still be entities remaining in the Registry, although CCLeaner can also locate obsolete Registry entries (but not recommended for users without experience in using the Windows Registry).

You might also try reinstalling the game and then using the uninstaller.

Regards,
M_M
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM

I want to completely remove it from my registry, but I'm not experienced in using the Windows Registry. I can't reinstall the game, because the launcher only says "play" because it thinks that I've still got the game...

Any chance you could lead me through the process of removing it from the registry ?
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:23 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Have you emptied the recycle bin since deleting the folder? If not go to your recycle bin find the folder and restore it. Then go to add and remove programs in the control panel and uninstall it from there. OR
Download ccleaner - http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
Install it and run it. Once it's started click on "issues" on the left hand side of the window, then make sure that all the boxes are checked and click scan for issues. Once it's finished you should have a list with check boxes by the side of them. Go down the list till you find the name of your game and check the box (if the other boxes are checked, uncheck them) then once you've found all the files with the game name in them, click fix selected issues, make a back-up copy of the registry and then either delete them one-by-one or delete them in one go. Or this is what I do (I know that this is probably not the thing to do) make sure all the boxes are checked, click on fix selected issues, make a back-up of the registry and then delete them all in one go(everything). I haven't had any problems doing it this way but I wouldn't reccomened it, you do this at your own risk.

Last edited by Metr01973; July 25th, 2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:36 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
One other thing you can try.
Put the CD in the drive and close the splash screen when it pops up.
Go to my computer and right click the drive and click explore.
Look for the setup icon and double click it.
See if it will run setup from there.
If it does,then you should be able to remove it from
add/remove programs in the control panel.