Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old September 27th, 2002, 04:51 PM

Question Power Quest- Partion Magic 7

Norton System Works comes up with the following errors when running Norton Utilities Find and Fix.

C:\PROGRA~1\PowerQuest\PartitionMagic 7.0\RESCUEME\DOSYSTEM\LABEL.PIF
The icon C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHELL32.DLL cannot be used. The icon file might have been deleted or the .DLL might be corrupt.
Solution- Edit the short cuts properties. Allows you to manually edit short cut properties.

My question is how do I manually edit these short cuts? I have a total of 13 shortcut errors from Power Quest that Norton cannot automaticaly fix.

Thank You for any help.
Old September 28th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
Hi smeggly.
To be honest it's not something I would worry about (since it seems your only problem is the icons being used) BUT...
either uninstall PM and reinstall (which should update the .dll and recreate the shortcuts) or right click every shortcut in Windows Explorer, select properties, on the "shortcut" TAB there should be a "change icon" button.
Old September 28th, 2002, 04:04 AM

P'Quest Partition Magic7

Hi Smeggly, I had the very same problem just after installing my copy of P'Magic. You know though, that it really started just after making the Bootsys disk they have us make, in the beginning. If you'll check it out, those error files that Norton is flagging, are the files that are on the Floppy disk. I think that WIN thinks they are supposed to be on the C:\drive, so they come up errors. I think I have 11 of them..............but I just ignore them because they don't seem to be causing any problems at all.
Topper
Old September 29th, 2002, 02:01 PM

Thumbs up

Thank You Smurfy and Topper!
I'm relieved to know these are not serious problems.