Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:22 AM

Crashing!!

Whenever i play counterstrike i get this error and it says that an internet file is saved in the wrong place or something i can never actually get to read the whole thing because my computer totally freezez up and i cant do anything and i have to pull the plug to do it, this happens once after everytime i restart it, even at night when i leave my computer on, after it starts up again the microsoft send error report comes up and this is what i got from it
c:\windows\minidump\mini080804-01.dmp
c:\docume~1\specia~1\temp\wer10.tmp.dir00\sysdata. xml
Error Signature
Bccode: a bcp1: 00000011 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 8050Da5C OSver: 5_1_2600 SP: 1_0 Product 256_1
i also just got a msg from microsoft it says it was a driver that i installed and i couldnt think of any but then i thought of the microsoft update i recieve that had to do with internet files, so i'm not going to install that and i just did a system restore to the 31st THAT DID NOT WORK i still got the same error
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:46 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Your computer is certainly battleing something. You may want to contact my friend. He's a Counter-Strike expert, but don't get your hopes up. I'm not sure if he knows the problem/answer.

http://users.boardnation.com/~the_ga...ofile;user=Ace
Old August 9th, 2004, 10:23 AM

have you checked your drivers for resource conflicts? If you dont know how to do this let me know.
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:03 PM

I just totally uninstalled and reinstalled my video driver and i dont know if in device manager it shows 2 video cards, a primary and a secondary i dont know what that means but i tried uninstalling one or both and somehow they both seem to come back, and when i tried to disable one if made my grahpics loook different. if you could help me with the rest of the driver's i really appreciate that
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:17 PM

Hello Smoke, I am a friend of Shorthorn and I believe I have found the problem, simply do what is stated below and it should be fine.

Find hl.exe in the "Counter-Strike" folder, right click, and make sure the compatibility mode box is unchecked.

Good day
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:24 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Ah, goooood ol' Ace. Thanks buddy.
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:30 PM

No problem man, and Smoked, if that doesn't work just let me know and I'll keep thinkin' about it.
Old August 10th, 2004, 05:25 PM

it is unchecked, well, i was playing counter strike and it started to happen, i think it's lagg because i quit cs and i got disconnected from aim, ventrilo, and mirc, all internet programs and i went to connect to ventrilo a voice program and it said couldnt stream tc/ip