Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben321 View Post
Forget "limewire" I use the freeware program Bittorent. It is virus free, and like limewire, it is a peer to peer file sharing program. Also I believe that limewire is a torrent file based program just like Bittorrent. Now I have gotten well over 100 things (mostly rips of movies, TV shows, and video games) through Bittorrent and only ONCE gotten a virus, and it only caused the computer to be slow in booting (an effect that remained after removal of the virus) so i have no worries about downloading torrents. You just got unlucky like a complete n00b.
Yep, I'd take security advice from you.
Excuse me while I put up my umbrella to protect me from the pig excrement as they fly past.
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:44 PM

hello again.

I did the scan and results said no integrity violations. i recall doing that scan before too... rebooted and nothing changed as far as copy or dragging etc... should i try the other repair with the dvd?

i also went back in with the dvd and fixed the FAVS. i just SEND TO with all the files to the USB and it worked... so i have contacts and favs all on USB... now i have to use my cds to back up the pics and music ..

Last edited by nancy361; September 13th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:46 PM

never mind this box

Last edited by nancy361; September 13th, 2009 at 09:31 PM.