View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2021, 10:06 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
HP Wireless OfficeJet 5200 on XP

I understand XP is no longer supported, but I have a wireless HP All-In-One printer I would like to print to. (I have a Windows 10 that prints to it no problem.) The XP can see the printer, but I was told by HP I needed to download the XP software. Even though it's not supported, it should work. Makes sense. Problem is when I run the installer, it gets an error on a .cab file, which I know nothing about. Claims the cab file is corrupt. No help from HP.

I found some software that will supposedly fix a corrupt cab file, for $150. No trial sample. What I'm trying to print is from an old program that won't run on 10. I only need to print a couple of CD labels and cases I made years ago. (They aren't compatible with the new label making software I have. I could recreate everything, but it would be so much easier to just print on my XP.)

Does anyone have any ideas of something I could try? Is anyone running XP and able to print to an HP 5200 wireless all-in-one printer? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.