Old November 13th, 2010, 01:38 AM

Mouse & Keyboard and mouse stopped working after driver install

To start things off here's the specs of the computer I'm using -

Windows Vista Home Premium - Service Pack 2
Laptop
HPG50 Notebook PC
Logitech Cordless Desktop® LX 700 - M-RAK89B
3 GB RAM

The problem I'm having is that the wireless mouse and keyboard I have hooked up to my laptop through USB suddenly stopped working after installing a driver from this page (the one for the Samsung A740) and restarting my computer after the installation was complete.

The installation was a little weird though, it said a file was missing from a sub folder, but the files came in a single folder. I found the file it was looking for, created the sub folders, put the file in there and it finished the installation. I don't think it worked, but I'm not really concerned about the cell phone driver.

The keyboard and mouse built-in to my laptop work fine (thankfully) but I can't seem to get any USB mice or keyboards to work, I tired a different set that were corded have worked in the past and even they didn't work. I can tell that the mouse is recognized because the laser light is lit up, but the mouse on the monitor won't move.

I tried System Restore to a point before installing the driver, and tried installing and updating the driver for the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Other USB devices are working fine too... I can't seem to figure it out!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.