View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:58 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Hi Renegade

Sorry for the delay. I've gotten two messages-- the first one was:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): the POP3 e-mail account you created does not support Secure Password authentication (SPA). In the internet E-mail setting (POP3) wizard dialogues box, clear the “Log on using Secure Password Authentication(SPA) check box.

I did that (for about the fifth time--and despite the fact that gmail setup directs me to tick that box) and the Outlook E-mail accounts wizard smiled upon me first time EVER with green ticks in all the categories when I checked the settings . Encouraged, I made Gmail my default account and sent a test message. It was successful, but I still got an error message on the bottom right bar which stated:

Task ‘pop.gmail.com-Sending and Receiving reported error (0X800CCC18): ‘Your e-mail server rejected your login with secure password authentication. Verify your account properties. Under tools, click E-mail accounts.

I've also received a popup message when I send a gmail saying something like "Outlook has detected a program trying to gain access to Outlook. Do you want to allow this? Haven't received this one tonight, but suspect it has something to do with Gmail as it's only come up since I've been trying to link gmail with outlook.