View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:09 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Ok, if you have problems in Safe Mode, the problem is most likely hardware related and I cant help you with this. You could try running a full chkdsk but if that doesnt help, I suggest you post a new topic in our Hardware Forum.

To do this, open My Computer, rightclick on C: and choose Properties. Click on Tools > Error Checking > Check Now. A Dialogue Box will open. Check "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" and OK. You will be advised that a check cannot be run as some files are in use, do you want to schedule a check at your next reboot. Click Yes and reboot. The check will take quite a while so grab a coffee and a book. When the scan has finished, your PC will finish rebooting.

There will be a log recorded in Event Viewer. Go to Start > Run and type:

eventvwr.msc

and ok. Click on Application and look for winlogon. Doubleclick to open and you should see the results. Look on the righthand side and you will see two arrows with a clipboard icon (two pages) below them. Click on the Icon and then click on Post Reply to this topic. Position your mouse where you would normally type a reply, rightclick and choose paste.