View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
You need to edit GRUB
Take a look at https://www.pcsteps.com/1053-change-...x-mint-ubuntu/
Thanks for the old college try, but this won't work for me.

I mentioned I wanted my computer to default to Win, but did not say why. Now I do.

It is because Linux Mint does not have a driver for my replacement wifi dongle (the old one fried). I've looked high and low for one, and what seemed like the sole available workaround posted to the Mint forums would take about 6 hours of keyboard work, a programming skill set and typing accuracy about 4 grades above my payscale, and quite frankly, some amount of good luck as it was not an approved solution.

So now I came to the above suggestion so I can avoid Mint, and lo and behold it requires being on line to get the right software, which is a no can do unless I start moving furniture and junk to get hard wire access to the router, and that is just not worth it.

Is there a way to just remove the Grub and start Windows by default without having to go on line? I would delete Mint outright if I could be guaranteed doing so would not affect Windows, but I don't have a lot of confidence in that, and deleting Mint does not affect the Grub anyway (been there, done that) and thus causes hangs on boot up.