Topic: Worst ISP
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2002, 06:20 AM

the worst , without question , is AOL !
there are still LOTS of sites that are not AOL compatible. the thing that really seemed strange to me was how they would disconnect you every few mins. but , if YOU wanted to disconnect , it would take as long as 5 mins. because they MAKE you wait while they download files to your computer. and they would NEVER tell me what they were !

MSN was good as far as connections,but,they block a lot of content and sites. they also block access to most newsgroups. most of what they block is "adult" in nature and doesn't interest me but I want to make that choice , not have someone make it FOR me. that's why i live in the USA.

AT&T used to be VERY good but when my connection dropped to 12,122 bps i found out that their tech support is the worst. 15 calls over a 1 week period produced the final result of "sorry but we can't help you".

tried a few of the free services but don't like the ad banners you have to accept.

the BEST ISP , in my opinion , is EARTHLINK. i've been with them for almost 5 years now and NO PROBLEMS. any minor problems were always corrected within 24 hours.excelent tech support. and i get a free month of service if i recommend someone.(so if anyone needs a new ISP.......hint , hint. lol , sorry unemployment will do that to you)