View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2005, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi rules
Welcome to Cyber Tech Help, fastnumber7!

Instead of going to the Hibernate tab, make sure you are on the Power Schemes tab (default), and go down to the System Standby drop-down menu, and select never from the list.

Here is an explanation of the difference between standby mode and hibernation, and here is a link from Microsoft about configuring them.
Thanks Pi rules, Unfortunatly i have everything in the power options on never yet it still goes into sleep or whatever it does. That's what confuses me. It never did it until a few days ago. I hope the computer isn't ready to bite the dust already. I just bought it brand new back in April so it's only a few months old. Everything is fine while someone is online tho it only does it when no one is on. I will try to attach a picture showing that everything is set to never.

That is a picture showing that everything is set to never.

And there is a picture showing hibernation is disabled. Is there anything else that would cause this? Sorry if this is causing a headache for anyone. I know it sure is for me. Once again thanks everyone for the help.

Chris