View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2022, 04:37 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Asus ROG Laptop won't stay connected to WiFi

My laptop has a weird problem that started a few weeks. It connects to my wifi no problem. Then for some reason it drops the connects & won't connect back. I have the go to the globe icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. I right-click & select " Troubleshoot Problems". From there it goes to Network Adapters, which shows ethernet, wifi & other connections. I select WiFi & do the troubleshooting steps. When I do that it always shows 1 of a series of errors. (I've listed them below.) I can always fix the problem doing this process but within a few minutes of surfing the web or watching YouTube it drops the connection & I have to go through all these steps again. Some nights I've had to do these steps 10x!! It seems to happen the most often when I’m downloading large files. All my other PCs, phones & Roku tv works fine all the time. So the problem has to be with this ASUS ROG Laptop. I watch the troubleshooting steps & it always resets network adapters & wifi adapters. Whatever it does these fixes it never lasts long. I've done all the windows updates available. As far as I know I have all the latest drivers for the adapters. I did a series of ipconfig / steps but that didn’t help. The error the system finds always rotates between these messages.

-Connect to "name of my wifi network" automatically in the future.
Your PC is not set up to automatically connect to the network. Selects Apply to automatically connect when in network range.

This is the error that happens the most. I've done everything I knew how to do to automatically connect to available networks. I would manually select my home network & put a check in the "connect automatically" but it never stays. The error would just find the 1st network on my list of saved networks. So I would "forget" that network but the error would find the next on the list & give the same error. So I Forgot ALL the listed networks. Then got back on my home network. In about an hour or 2, I got the error above for my home network because it was the only one saved.

-Default gateway not available
Reset the Wifi Adapter
Investigate router or broadband modem issue

After the troubleshooting steps, it can get back online.

-Problem with the wireless adapter or access point...."Not Fixed".
After the troubleshooting steps, it can get back online.

This is a super irritating problem that I’d love to fix.

Thanks!