View Single Post
  #6  
Old June 27th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Digerati Digerati is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nebraska, USA
Posts: 2,532
Quote:
...or short circuit in there now.
I suspect this may be the problem - the water caused a short, permanently damaging some component inside the notebook. No amount of drying will fix that.

If lucky, it could just be a fusible link that "blew" due to excessive current caused by the short. This is something a qualified technician can easily fix.

I agree with Murf and you should probably take it to a reputable shop.

Otherwise, I would suggest taking the battery out again, remove every cover to expose as much of the interior as possible, flip the notebook upside down, prop it up off a table enough so air can get under it, then blast a desk fan on it for a few days and, with fingers crossed, hopefully dry out any remaining water.
Reply With Quote